Navigation

Friday, September 27, 2013

Found #74

Goodness, it seems like I may finally be getting back into some semblance of a regular schedule (for now). I actually did find a few things on the web this week, owing to the fact that I actually spent more than 2 frantic minutes reading my email, but not responding (sorry everyone who I owe an email to - I'm getting there)

Since my life is flashing before my eyes at an alarming rate, I will definitely keep this on my radar. The Sun City Poms are an Arizona-based cheerleading group open to ladies aged 55 years and over. This fab lady is apparently 83 years old. I'm just putting it out there now. I hope I am at least half this cool (and flexible) when I am 83. Wow. Nice legs! I love this series of photographs from Todd Antony. It's pretty inspirational...

I came across the porcelain works of Seiko Wakasugi this week. They are very beautiful moulded pieces inspired by nature, I love how delicate and organic they are.

I liked these tights on Pinterest and a kind lady pointed me in the direction of where they can be found. I've seen them in a lot of stores lately, but this Australian based shop seems to have a pretty good price. Minimal cat tights :)

I have to share the latest concoction from my pal Aubin over at Unrehearsed Kickline. You could probably pair this brooch with the above tights and it would work. I think. For all the ladies out there who love cats, may be friends with multiple cats, but aren't necessarily crazy ;) I love Aubin's cute drawings! You can find this (and more cute handmade stuff + vintage clothes) in her Etsy store.

Does anyone know a good use for swizzle sticks? I suppose I could use these to hold a maraschino cherry in a nice whiskey champagne cocktail. But honestly, the occasion for drinking something so decadent rarely arises. Hm. Hors d'oeuvres? Whatever. I like these doll arm ones from Martha Rotten. This etsy store is full of handmade goodies of the dark kind and it's all made in the USA! Bonus :)

I just signed up for a calligraphy class on Skillshare. Have you seen this site? I've had my eye on it for awhile now, but this is the first course I've signed up for. They have a wide range of classes covering a tonne of topics from creative fields to business and even cooking! I'm a little daunted by the work some students have already posted (they're good!) but I'm hoping that I'll be able to work on my lettering skills. I'll let you know how I go! If you're interested in taking a course, you can use my referral link to get $10 off* your first course. Since this class was only $20, you can get a great saving!
*the skillshare referral program offers referrers an incentive of skillshare credits for any purchases made through the referral link

Ok, so my Bloglovin' feed is currently showing around 1500 unread posts. I'm normally pretty good about keeping that number more manageable but I've been a little slow on any blog reading lately. Take this as an official disclaimer that I may have missed some awesome posts this week! However. I think Kaelah wrote an interesting post on blogging that might be an informative read for other bloggers out there. I've noticed some of the things that Kaelah mentions about the demise of Google reader seeming to affect readership and engagement so I wonder what your experience has been.

It's the weekend, huh? This is my first week of working from home after finishing my contract and I've spent a lot of time trying to restart my brain. It's really difficult to snap back into work-mode when you're not being watched ;) I think that I had a bit of a lazy week, but I have a few things around the house that got done and I also had some much needed downtime involving coffee and books :) Anyway, I guess I'm getting to my point. It's weird having a weekend when my whole week felt like a sneaky weekend.

I'm actually planning on revitalising my veggie patch tomorrow and then I'll be getting stuck into my work for next week a little early. There's some Japanese lessons to do as well! And I've been getting back into my gym routine. Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend? I hope you have a good one, whatever you get up to!

Kitty
xo
keep up to date with Kitty & Buck on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy