Navigation

Monday, October 22, 2012

Photo A Day #197 Just Another Weekend

Why do the weekends rush by so quickly? I am a firm advocate of doing the old switcheroo on the working week. 5 day weekend, 2 days at work. How does that sound? Back to reality, it is Sunday night and I have not a lot to report on the weekend front. I spent pretty much all day Saturday in bed with a room-spinning, nausea-indicing migraine, which is really boring. I remember waking in a stupor and C asking me if I needed anything. I replied that I had been dreaming of trying to choose an ice-cream flavour to eat, and he rushed back in with a non-dreamland, honest-to-goodness real bowl of ice-cream. What a guy.

Today, I pottered in the garden and photographed a couple of DIYs to share with you, one you'll get to see this week. I'll try to spread them out so you don't get bombarded with awesome projects ;) Tonight C and I enjoyed a lovely dinner date, which is something I am determined to do more often. We got dressed up and had a lovely dinner together in a converted library built around 1908. It was a largely unplanned excursion, but very nice and refreshing. Unfortunately I am a doofus and brought my camera sans battery, oops. Grainy pictures courtesy of iPhone at nighttime. I kind of like them though, after a little going-over with photoshop.


I'm off to see The Red Shoes tomorrow night, I won a competition to attend a special screening! It's the first thing I have ever won, I'm pretty excited. I shall report back, The Red Shoes is one of my favourite films and is one of the most notable early technicolor films. It was made in 1948 and is based on a fairytale by Hans Christian Anderson. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it, I'll tell you more tomorrow.

I hope you had a fabulous weekend, please share any highlights/random facts below, I love to see what you've been up to :)

Kitty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy