Navigation

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What I Wore - Candy Striped Mountains

Last week for my birthday, C took me on a little trip out of town to go antiquing for my birthday present. We visited a couple of towns in the mountains and also had high tea. It was such a lovely tea, with the added bonus of Leura being in the middle of Cherry Blossom blooming! I had no idea it looked like this, I've been so many times to this town, but obviously not at the right time! It was stunning, and a lovely bonus birthday treat.

How cute to see everyone having a picnic on the median strip! haha! I understand though, it was just so pretty. There were so many busloads of tourists taking photos, I was photobombed on more than one occasion by Japanese tourists. I love hearing people speak Japanese, as I learned it at school for 4 years, so it sounds familiar (I'm really rusty now). There was lots of shrieks of "Kawaiiiiiii" :) I would love more than anything to visit Japan during Sakura Festival, I cannot imagine how beautiful it would be.



We always visit the Candy Store for some supplies, they have a great selection of authentic English and American candy. They even have root beer! I'm also in love with the colors of these tiles! Minty!


My favourite antique store in Katoomba, and they always have a bargain bin of great paperbacks out front. I was such a lucky girl and scored an Art Deco brass/turquoise desk lamp, a vintage blouse and a beautiful old book called Nightbirds of Nantucket.


High Tea was beautiful... Oh, and it tasted O.K too :) I felt ashamed I couldn't eat all of my cakes though, but I took a little box home :) I couldn't waste cakes...


The view of the Blue Mountains from the high tea location. I am in love with the Cherry Blossom trees, what is more beautiful?


Home again, home again. Thanks for spoiling me C, what a beautiful day :)

Dress // Modcloth (sold out, but more lovely dresses where that came from)
Cardigan // Urban Outfitters
Tights // We Love Colors
Shoes // c/o Bared Shoes
(I'll be talking more about these awesome shoes soon, this is just a sneak peek!)
Umbrella Brooch // Thrifted (Sydney, Australia)
Bird Necklace // Modcloth freebie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy