Navigation

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What I Wore - Deep In The Woods


If you've been following along for awhile, you've probably noticed that I have a particular style. Everyone does, right? Although I do vary wildly between fairly simple denim, boots and leather and what C calls my "Nanna Outfits" (affectionately, I'm sure) I don't venture too far out of my comfort zone, and stick to familiar jeans, blouses, skirts, collars and retro-y or vintage dresses.


So I feel like with this lovely draping top that I'm maybe messing the whole thing up. Like I need to add more layers, or something. (It's designed for more layers, but I don't really have anything to layer it with!) I think this works though, I do like how floaty the top is and it complements the high waisted jeans nicely. Perhaps I'll venture into more draping, layered looks for winter (yes, it's coming into Autumn and Winter here. ALREADY.)


I'm not sure about the designer of the top, but the style strikes me as Japanese, so I'm going with that. Therefore, let me introduce you to my new brooch Clarence. He's a beautiful paper crane design from Australian designer Under The Shade Of A Bonsai Tree. The brooch is made from Tasmanian Myrtle wood, I adore the wood finish, but you can get Clarence's cousins in red and black too (and even coated in beautiful Japanese paper) Clarence is definitely coming to Japan with us. I remember learning about Hiroshima as a child and making a gazillion paper cranes, I sent a lot to my Japanese penpal at the time.


It's been raining so much lately, perfect mushroom growing conditions. I don't think we get many exotic ones here. I've certainly not seen any red toadstools, but I'm always excited when I stumble across some. C took this beautiful picture (plus all of the pictures in this post) on my iPhone 3G. Really. We got all ready, trekked into the bush, turned the camera on. Nothing. I'd left the battery on the charger. Oops. I think he made the best of a terrible situation, I'm pretty impressed with the results. Welcome to my first phone-camera shoot.
Top // Saxony
Origami Peace Crane Brooch // c/o Under The Shade Of A Bonsai Tree // Facebook
Geometric Triangle necklace // c/o Jessica-T (old)
Charm Bracelet // Swarovski (gift)
Meow's The Time Shoes // T.U.K. via Modcloth

Kitty
xo

Less than 24 hours left to enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy