Navigation

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What I Wore | Pretty in Pink

I think I blinked and missed summer this year. Just like that, it's Autumn and, as though the sun sticks to our arbitrary calendar religiously, there is a sudden chill in the air. I'm wrapping up a job in the next couple of weeks, so I've been pretty caught up in the excitement of a deadline ;) And in the middle of all of that, I have managed to start organising our next trip, we are taking our immediate families to Japan in November for a very intimate wedding, so I'm planning for not one, not two, but nine people! I'm definitely channeling my inner Francis Whitman, though, honestly, he's not to far from the surface.
I've decided in some alternate reality that I'm a Japanese tour guide, running about with a trail of delighted duckling-people, wondrous gazes lighting up their faces as we round each corner. I'm pretty sure on one hand it would be really rewarding to share a completely new place with people, and on the other, it might get a teensy bit stressful. I'll let you know in December ;) If it goes well, hey, who wants to come on tour to Japan in 2015?

I've been polishing up on my Japanese, as per one of the items on my 2014 to-do list, and I'm really pleased to say that it's actually going well. I think in 8 months, I will be able to speak enough to have a simple conversation and also deal with hotels, restaurants and shops as head translator for our group! Plus my reading and writing skills are flooding back! Fingers crossed, guys. While it's fine to have no Japanese skills for one or two people, I think logistically it's going to be much better if I can communicate effectively with such a large group.

 
Have you ever been responsible for a bunch of people in a foreign country? I'd love to hear any experiences, good or bad, I'm here to learn!

Carved Brooch on collar | Vintage, Katoomba, Australia

Kitty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy