Navigation

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

WIW - Geo Tropicana

Remind me again why I thought it was a good idea to go to the beach on a hot, sunny Sunday? I'm usually tuned in to these things and manage to avoid throngs of people, but my radar of sensible must've been broken on Sunday. Somehow we managed to snap some photos in the middle of the highest traffic area with a massive audience. Talk about awkward. I feel uncomfortable about having my photo taken at the best of times, so this shoot is an exercise in exposure therapy! At least I had some cool backdrops to distract me from their burning stares ;)
I'm always reading about bloggers finding it awkward having their photos taken. I wonder why we do it to ourselves? For me, I've always been really shy, so I started taking photos to try and get comfortable in front of a camera. I couldn't believe when I read Kate Moss talking about having "facial tourettes". I'm not sure that's exactly the most sensitive or accurate description, but I understand what she is getting at. I thought it was something that only my family suffered from. Try to take a family portrait and 100% guaranteed one of us will blink weirdly with one eye, open our mouth in a bizarre rictus, or something equally unattractive. It's something I'm working on. (so damn slowly)
On a completely unrelated note, this particular street art installation caught our eyes. We think it's a deranged Bart Simpson feeding on the quivering bodies of some thwarted alien invaders. Whatever it is, it's Blood Hungry. It's awful good.

Geo Print Cardigan | c/o Oasap (currently on sale!)
Tropical Print Crop Singlet | Revival (no longer available - boo!)
White Wedge Oxford | Urban Outfitters (similar)
Color-Blocked Hair Clip | Vintage from Katoomba, Australia
Blue Cuff | Gift
Banana Necklace | Gift (made by C.)
Sunglasses | Gift
Kitty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy