Navigation

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Guest Post from Praew Channel - Crochet Butterflies Earrings

Hello Kitty & Buck readers! I am Praew from Praew Channel. I am so excited that I have a great opportunity to do a guest post here. I love to crochet very much so I would like to do a simple and fun crochet project for you to try!

I have lots of cute pastel colors of mercerized cotton yarn that I bought from the yarn shop in my neighborhood a month ago. Since I am honored to do a guest post for Kitty & Buck, I think it is a great opportunity to use my cute new yarn. So I started playing around with stitches and this is what I came up with.


Surprisingly, I used more than 1 hour just to decide which color I will start with. Finally, I picked this orange and teal green to make a pair of earrings. Yes...my earrings will be one orange and one teal green. I just love both colors.

If you would like to try to crochet these cute earrings, you are welcome to try. I’ve attempted to write out the pattern as shown below. Have fun!

What you will need:
  •     crochet hook 1.3mm ( 1mm is ok as well)
  •     mercerized cotton yarn size 20
  •     2 earring hooks
DIY Love: Crochet Butterflies Earrings
Let's begin...

Step 1:  Chain 6 and join the first and the last chain with slip stitch to make a circle.
Step 2:  1 butterfly consists of 4 parts. Make the first part by follow these steps below
  • Step 2.1: Make 1 single crochet.
  • Step 2.2: Chain 3.
  • Step 2.3 Making 2 unfinished double crochet in the same single crochet stitch made in (2.1).
  • Step 2.4: Now you have 3 loops on the hook. Yarn over and pull through 3 loops.
DIY Love: Crochet Butterflies Earrings
  • Step 2.5: Chain 3 then join with the single crochet stitch made in (2.1) by making a slip stitch. Now you have the first part of the butterfly.
DIY Love: Crochet Butterflies Earrings

Step 3: Repeat step 2 (2.1 - 2.5) 3 times to make the other 3 parts of the butterfly.  Now you have the first butterfly.
 Step 4: Make a single crochet then chain 4

DIY Love: Crochet Butterflies Earrings

Step 5: Repeat step 1-3 to make the second butterfly.
Step 6: Make a single crochet then chain 4
Step 7: Repeat step 1-3 to make the third butterfly.
Step 8: Make a single crochet then chain 4
Step 9: Repeat step 1-3 to make the fourth butterfly.
Step 10: Make a single crochet then chain 4.

DIY Love: Crochet Butterflies Earrings

Step 11: Put the hook through the ring of the earring hook and yarn over. Then pull through the ring of the earring hook again followed by pulling through the loop on the hook.
Step 12: Make a slip stitch in each chain for all 4 chains towards the fourth butterfly. Bind off.

DIY Love: Crochet Butterflies Earrings

I hope you enjoy the tutorial!  xo, Praew

Wow, thank you so much for preparing that awesome tutorial Praew, those earrings look beautiful! I'd love to see if any of you guys make these, so feel free to leave a link in the comments below. I'm feeling the urge to learn crochet now!

Please go and say hello to Praew over at her blog too, she has a lot of lovely pictures around Thailand as well as heaps of great recipes and lots of other interesting bits and pieces to look at too!

Kitty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy