Navigation

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Photo A Day #188 Charleston, SC


It's been such a busy time around here lately, you'd almost think my road trip was over with! As in, the one we took in the USA (not the Great Ocean Road drive I've been posting about too - how confusing). Anyway, it's not over yet, it's just heating up! I loved Charleston, the architecture, the Spanish Moss (I LOVE the Spanish Moss!), this city is vibrant and creative, I can tell! Can I talk more about the Spanish Moss? It's just so... magical...


We walked around town, which I think is always the best way to see a place. But we were also officially in 'the South' and this is the first place I really noticed that heat the South is famous for. I'm pretty much melted in the picture below, taken by a canon in The Battery.


I love the homes in this city, just oozing with character and draped in beautiful trees and flowers. this one even has a row of beautiful Sunflowers by the pavement. A-DOR-A-BLE.


I can't go past a good Art Deco themed building either, they are my weakness! Well, actually, perhaps after our hot sticky walk, the frozen yoghurt shop was my weakness. C snapped these pictures of me, while I was building my yoghurt empire-in-a-cup. I had no idea he was taking the photos and was caught in an unguarded moment grinning at the condiments. It's pretty embarrassing, but hilarious that I was so happy about the yoghurt, so I thought I'd share it with you :) You can tell I have no idea what the American 'crunchy' things are, but I'm pretty pleased by the fudge sauce.


The Great American Road-Trip, to be continued...

Kitty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy