Navigation

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sponsor Kitty & Buck - Donate to The Cat Protection Society

In the spirit of giving, I'd like to make a special sponsor call this month. For all sponsor spots sold between now and the end of 2012, I will donate all profits to The Cat Protection Society. As you probably know, I lost one of my best friends this year, Hobbes. He was my first cat and we 'rescued' him from the street (well, the food court... which I think may be worse than the street!) He was emaciated, filthy and tiny, only about 4 weeks old. He fit comfortably into the palm of my hand. When he grew up, he was the biggest cat I've ever seen, he was not fat (we checked with the vet) but weighed around 12kg (that's about 26 pounds). He was a gentle giant and didn't even mind wearing a Santa hat at Christmastime. In June of this year he became sick suddenly and before we knew it, he was gone. My heart is broken, again, so soon after losing our little Chibi cat. I thought it would be nice to offer some support to people helping strays like Hobbes and Chibi. The Cat Protection Society is a no-kill shelter operating in Sydney, Australia. They deal with 3,000-4,000 cats each year, finding them forever homes. They are already busy, even before the kitten-giving season (!) and have been adopting out many kittens in the past few weeks. The older cats are in need of homes too, but are often left behind in favour of a cute kitten. They all need love and care, so if you're in NSW and thinking of bringing home a new furry family member, I strongly recommend adoption. Unless you're lucky enough to find a Hobbes or Chibi wandering about (I'm not advocating stealing cats off the street here, by the way)

If you're not in the market for an ad space, but would still like to help out, I'm sure they would greatly appreciate a donation. Here's where your money can help:
  • $15 provides clean kitty litter for one cat for two weeks
  • $30 will pay for a cat to be microchipped
  • $70 will pay for an F3 vaccination
  • $100 will pay to desex a cat
  • $1,000 will fund major surgery for an ill or injured cat
  • $5,000 will help to care for up to 10 cats while they await their forever homes.
If you'd like to make a donation now, or at any time, you can head over to their website, I always have a link on my sidebar, so you can check out the site anytime.

Remember, for any ad purchases made for the rest of this year, I will make a donation matching the ad cost. (I'll publish a report of my ad sales and donation for you, so you can trust me!) If you'd like to advertise your blog or shop, at affordable rates and help some kitties at the same time, head over to my sponsor page now. I hope to donate some heartfelt money to help the shelter at this busy time of year. If you feel like, I'd love to know if you've donated in lieu of an ad, you can leave an anonymous comment if you'd like (or none at all, it's up to you!) Also, please spread the word, I'd love to get a nice donation together for these guys who do such kind work.

Kitty
xo

P.S. If you haven't already, check out Stephanie's guest post about animal rescue, it's really touching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy