Navigation

Monday, December 10, 2012

What I Wore - A Stylish Surprise in Lavender

I'll put in a little disclaimer at the beginning. I'm not a huge lucky dip person. Perhaps I'm ever so slightly a control freak. But I do try and expand my boundaries every now and again, and when I spotted the most recent Modcloth "Stylish Surprise" promotion, I decided to throw caution to the wind and invested in two stylish surprises. For those of you not in 'the know', the stylish surprise is basically a clothing lucky dip. You pay $15 for a mystery item, tell 'em your size, and in return, you will be sent a 'surprise' valued at between $30 - $250. I was secretly hoping for a coat, even though it's summer here. At worst, I thought I'd get something I wouldn't normally choose and have fun styling it.
This was my first surprise - a floral lavender halter neck dress, with a structured bodice and full skirt. It's super cute, and not something I'd normally choose, but it looks really sweet on, I can imagine having a lovely picnic in the woods wearing this! Or perhaps visiting a market? The only downside is, even though I am usually a small, and oftentimes XS, this dress is a little snug in the top part. I think wearing it for a long period might impinge on my breathing.
Shoes // Thrifted (Adelaide, Australia)
Kitty Brooch // Vintage (gift from Scarborough, UK)
Ring // Sportsgirl (old)
Necklace // Amethyst in gold Art Deco setting
(Antique, gift from C.)

I have two more stylish surprises to share with you tomorrow!
Kitty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy