Navigation

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Currently


Since you enjoyed the first Currently post I wrote, I thought I'd keep them up, here and there, just whenever I feel like it. Today, I feel like there's a lot going on, so I'm going to share!

Watching //
Lots of movies, we went to see Paranorman at the cinema (the only adults without children, aside from one other guy who sat next to us, I bet so it seemed like we were all together - I felt awkward, I can't imagine how he felt!) It was pretty good. My favourite part was during the previews though, we put on our 3d glasses and the cinema proudly advertised the theatrical re-release of Jurassic Park in 3d. I leaned over to C and whispered "They don't make kids movies like this anymore", feeling quite proud that I emerged (relatively) unscathed what with giant dinosaurs eating people having been implanted into my impressionable young mind. After the trailer ended, the cinema was silent for a moment. Well, it should have been. Instead there were the petrified cries of pretty much ALL the children in the packed theatre. Crying, screaming, weeping and a plaintive "Scaaarrryyyyyyy" I nearly lost my mind, it was way too funny.

Listening to //
Arvo Pärt and C's beautiful tunes, oh and not to spoil the surprise in the next paragraph, but refreshing my Japanese language skills with some audio lessons ;)

Planning //
In case you didn't hear me squeal with delight from the other side of the planet... This week one of my work colleagues was talking about his upcoming trip to Japan, and I was thinking about how much I wanted to go back after a brief visit a few years ago. I've always wanted to go over there for the Cherry Blossom Festival, so I thought I'd look at flights (you know, that online window shopping where you spend thousands of imaginary dollars and then close the window? I do that with holidays a lot) Except. The flights weren't expensive. Actually, they were on sale for really, really cheap. So... we're going to Japan!! That is about all I can think about right now. 67 days to go and counting. We're in the process of planning exactly where we will be going, but pretty much Tokyo and south, we'll definitely be heading to Nagano to visit some Onsen (hot spring baths), Koya-San (it seriously looks like a Ghibli movie there), Kyoto (so many things, I don't know where to start) and also hoping to make it to a world heritage site island right down off the southern tip. We will definitely go to the Ghibli Museum and probably Tokyo Disney. If you have any suggestions of must-see places do let me know. I'm after nature/quiet/beauty and traditional places as well as maybe some thrift stores in Tokyo (or anywhere actually!) We'll be gone for three weeks, the countdown is ON!

I'm thinking about how to handle my holiday with the blog, I will definitely not be blogging while I am away, I need a 'proper' holiday from everything! But I will most likely be scheduling some posts ahead of time so you probably won't even notice that I'm gone ;)

Thinking about //
Miss One Track Mind here is thinking about holidays, holidays, holidays. Also, to be fair, I'm thinking about trying to get a lot of 'stuff' done before we leave, just so that my 2013 goals list doesn't completely fall off the wagon. So thinking about my schedule, organisation, and trying to make every day count between now and then so I leave organised and not stressed!

Looking forward to //
I bet you can guess one thing... Other exciting things happening soon include Sydney Festival! There's a lot of great shows/events on in Sydney right now, it's almost too much. We selected a few special events to attend so I'm looking forward to seeing some orchestra+choir, art, bands... there's probably more. I was going to go to the Twin Peaks Pie Party this weekend, but I think I need to show some restraint, be thankful for all of my upcoming events and save money for Karaoke bars and a coffin hotel. Oh, also... in February it's my one year blogiversary!!

Reading //
I'm doing well with my goal to read 12 books this year! I've almost finished one, it's "Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children". It was a Christmas gift and I'm quite enjoying it! The writing style is pretty simple too, so it's an easy read. It's about an American boy who travels to an island off the coast of the U.K. searching for the truth about his grandfather's fantastical stories of his youth during WWII. I'd say it's a sort of coming-of-age fantasy novel...

Making me happy //
I'm so grateful that I can take time off work and have a paid holiday, I'm really lucky and I appreciate that! I still have to save my butt off, but it's easier when I know I have some income coming in while I'm away. When I quit my day job, I know this will change! Other things making me happy: everyone reading my blog who is in love with our Nico // C making lovely music while I work // finding my fitness again // cool water // skirt weather // sleeping in // salad // reading books! // lovely blog comments // finishing up my first blog design (for a client) of the year!

Thanks to Danielle from Sometimes Sweet for encouraging these posts!

Kitty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy