Navigation

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Photo A Day #20 New Hair Colour!

WOW! Photo A Day milestone! I've made it 20 days in a row. That must be some new record, right? Well for me anyway. I've actually been really, really busy lately so I'm amazed I've been able to keep this up each and every day. But I feel like it's important to take even 5 minutes out to myself, and I'm making a point of doing something I want to do each day, rather than constantly worrying about responsibilities and expectations from other people.

So a super-quick self-portrait shoot today of my new hairs! You maybe spotted a hint of the new colour here. I did a little colour top-up, the pink in my fringe has washed out so it got some new pretty ocean themed tones! The whole taking-your-own-portrait thing is kinda new to me... but anyway, I pulled a face at myself and felt better about it. Note to self: It's hard to pull a face, focus, hold arm still and press camera button all at once... a little bit of motion blur on that one folks!

I'm quite liking the new shades, and my sister squealed "blue hair"!! when she saw me... We see the same hairdresser and he refused to put blue in her hair last time. Of course, I didn't ask him. I asked for blonde (white) slices and did the rest myself! You can't see them in this picture, but here's a piece of trivia for you: the slices on the main part of my hair are shaped like a moon, a triangle and a trapezium.

If anyone is interested, the colours are:
Fudge: Blue Hawaii and A Whiter Shade of Pale
Directions: Turquoise

As always, feel free to comment below, I love reading your thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I did the same squeal as your sister though. Which is the moon bit...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, wait i see now. on the right. your left. creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I love the blue! I've got a couple streaks of blonde in my hair that I've been contemplating adding some color too. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    Sarah // SillyGrrl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah, I had a bit of hair regret after erasing my red hair, but now the blue is in, I'm really digging it, and with he blonde underneath, I can change it more often than when it's bright red all over!

    ReplyDelete

Etsy