Navigation

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Interview with My So-Called Chaos


You've been blogging for over 4 years now, what is your favourite thing about blogging? What keeps you going?
I've been blogging longer than 4 years, but this particular blog (My So-Called Chaos) did just celebrate it's 4 year anniversary in Feb. It all started out on DeadJournal, back when that was a thing.  Back then it was just for my own amusement, a few friends that read it, and a few random other DJ users who found me along the way.  When I started My So-Called Chaos I never really imagined it would be anything different from what I"d done in the past.  I mostly started it to keep myself occupied during slow times at my support job-and then over the years it grew and grew and became so much more.  I love everything about it.  I love meeting new people, expressing myself, and this community-I guess you could say the community (i.e. bloggy buddies) is my favorite part, and that keeps me going. :) 
You sell a wide range of handmade items, from cuddly knitted hats to custom watercolours. Do you have a favourite medium to work in?
It changes day to day depending on my mood.  Right now I'm on a huge illustration kick and plan on adding a lot more of my watercolor illustrations to the shop.  I'm having so much fun with it and it's so relaxing to sit and draw/paint.  I wish I could quit my day job and do it full time.  
I'm interested in your extra-curricular activities! Can you tell us about your hooping?
Oh man, I've totally been slacking off on my hooping for a while-but I miss it!  I desperately need to get back into it both for the stress release it brings, but also for the health benefits and sense of accomplishment that comes with it.  Surprisingly, it's a better workout than you'd think!  According to my research you can burn about 200 calories hula-hooping for about 30 minutes, which is fantastic.  You just have to keep at it!   People always say "I can't do it, it just doesn't work." which is exactly what I thought at first as I'd never been able to hula hoop even as a child, but all it takes is a little practice and being ok with it falling at first.  You're not going to be amazing right off the start at anything-it all takes a little dedication and a lot of patience.
You love travel, do you have a wish list of destinations, where do you want to see most?
I have a huge list of places I'd love to visit!  I'm a little ashamed to admit that I've never been out of the USA (well, I went a few blocks into Tijuana once-but that hardly counts) and I don't even own a Passport.  But I'm going to change that soon!  The first place I'd really like to visit is  Croatia.  My father's father's side of the family actually comes from a line of Croatian gypsies-and I'm dying to see where my ancestors are from and spend some time near that amazingly blue water!  Other than that I want to see London and France (my roommate used to live both places so I want to go visit with him!), New Zealand, Canada, and most of Europe.  
Any new products in store for My So-Called Chaos? I always like to see what you will come up with next :)
I should be adding some new watercolors as soon as I get professional looking photos of them.  I have about 10-15 new pieces waiting to be put up-some nail polish illustrations and some new mason jar summer illustrations that I'm super excited to share!  

Thanks for sharing some of your story with us today Miss Angie, it's great to get to know you a little better. I might need to try out this hula hooping business, it sounds like fun! And your new illustrations are so summery and fun! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

If you guys enjoyed learning more about My So-Called Chaos, feel free to follow along, here are some links to Miss Angie's spaces online. Oh, and I'm sure if you have any questions or comments, you can leave them below and I'll make sure Miss Angie knows they are there.


Kitty
xo

(don't forget Google Reader is leaving us, keep up to date with Kitty & Buck with Bloglovin')

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy