Navigation

Friday, August 31, 2012

August (and July) in Review

I cannot believe that August is over. I think I've just finished playing catch up from July! There was no monthly review for July, because quite frankly, I didn't really want to talk about it. It was a pretty tough month with the sudden loss of my beautiful cat Hobbes, and besides that fact I had the flu and also went on holiday. Oh, and I got engaged (that is certainly the best thing that happened but no kind of excuse). It was kind of hectic! Some of my happiest and saddest moments of my life so far. Thanks for putting up with my scattered blogging topics and disorganization. While I'm at it, welcome to all my new followers (?) - friends that have come along, your support means a lot! I have so many great plans for the rest of this year, as well as a more focused and planned blogging schedule. I can't wait to show you everything I have in store ~ Now that is out of the way, here are some of my favourite posts from the last little while.










I don't think you want to hear all about my life over the past couple of months. Nothing exciting in particular has been happening and I have been working long hours and not having enough sleep. As usual, I'm trying to do too much (I sound like a broken record, don't I?). I've found it a good distraction from my big sadness over Hobbes, but it's time to be a grown up and take care of myself!

I think with some careful planning and preparation, and enforced 'free time' I can conquer this, so that is my goal for September. More concrete goals include spring cleaning my house, planting some fresh vegetables and herbs in my garden (read: not dead ones like the current inhabitants). I would like to spend much more time with C, especially doing nice things like day trips and picnics, now that spring will be here. And finally, I'd like to keep expanding my shop, and another little (big?) project that I will share with you when the time is right!

Finally I thought I should let you know, the group ad-space giveaway at Take-Hart is still going on, for just 12 more hours if you'd like to win some ad space on this blog, plus 3 other great blogs.

My first giveaway for Kitty & Buck on etsy is on over at Bubby and Bean, so if you'd like to win not only $20 to my store, but 10 prizes worth $250, you should head over there right now! That one ends September 3rd.

Are you all finding this year is going exceptionally fast? I'd love to hear your goals and plans for the rest of the year if you care to share?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy