Navigation

Friday, August 10, 2012

Photo A Day #169 Beethoven

Tonight C and I took our friend from Montana to a show at the Sydney Opera House. It was the Australian Chamber Orchestra performing Beethoven's 9th Symphony. I apologise for the quality of this photo, I sneaked it on my phone, it's the inside of the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall. I've heard that pipe organ before, I would love to hear an extended piece with it. Mental note: Find Bach concerts.

You can see how awesome our seats were. I spotted 3 broken bow strings on the violins, 80's metal hair band faces from the cello player, awesome close-up view of the soloists singing in German and the conductor's great gestures, (he conducted and played violin at the SAME time) were very reminiscent of Warren Ellis from The Dirty Three (and Grinderman/Nick Cave projects)


There was a standing ovation at the end, and we were whooping and whistling like a bunch of excited kids! I guess Beethoven is always a crowd pleaser... I always feel refreshed and energised after listening to classical music.

Kitty
xo

I've announced the winners of the July Group Giveaway Competition. Sarah E is the Uptights winner and Paige C is the Take-Hart winner. Congratulations you two, I've emailed you with some information. Thanks to everyone else who entered, it was a great giveaway! If you're still having an Uptights craving, there is a belated birthday sale on NOW. And if you're looking for a place to advertise your blog, check out Take-Hart's sponsorship page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy