Navigation

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Photo A Day #161 The Whole Lovely Package

This morning I woke up to a wonderful email from Marina, who was my swap partner for the Lovely Package Exchange. She received her package and was really happy with what I had sent, and I'm so pleased that I could brighten her day with some gifts from Australia. I loved doing this, and I think I'll have to send snail mail more often, it's awesome holding a tangible communication from someone! Especially a new surprise friend! Thanks to Danni for hosting the exchange, I imagine it's a lot of work! (I think it's worth it, but that's easy for me to say) I should mention, the photography between what I sent and received varies a lot. When I got home from work, and my package was waiting, I considered waiting until daylight to open it. As you can imagine, that was impossible. So you have night and day pics :)

WARNING: Picture heavy post ahead!

Marina's gift to me:
I love all the little stickers on the box! So many cute ones, and with little messages too! :D

These are the contents before I unwrapped them, so many cute bits and pieces, and a lovely note from Marina as well! I loved the big confettis! So pretty.

 I got a bunch of cute stationary, how lovely are the bird scissors? And perfect pretty Washi tapes!

This is the inside of the notebook I shared the other day. It's so pretty and I just love the fact that Marina made this, it makes it even more special!
Such a sweet message was hidden in the back! I love it!

How. Adorable. Because I like travel :)


My gift to Marina:
I was so scared to take this pen to paper, but I actually like how my wacky fancy writing came out!


I had this information from Marina to go on:
List 5 favorite things: travel, stationery, turquoise color, inspirational quotes and books. 
5 words to describe you or your style: stripes, navy, jeans, red lipstick.


So an explanation of what's in the package: A fabric bound blank notebook, I just loved the feeling of it, it's kind of warm and comforting to touch, and nice blank pages for writing, drawing or whatever she pleases. A wooden butterfly brooch from a local designer in Sydney, Sandy Designs. Of course I had to find some beautiful turqouise colored pencils (for the notebook) As I was preparing to wrap everything, I was also working on my perpetually opening soon etsy shop. And I noticed that one of my products matched perfectly! So I'm really pleased to say, my first ever item made for the shop has a home in Spain. This one is called the Arthur Rimbaud(tie) and there's more where he came from.


I hope you enjoyed the pictures as much as I do, they put a big smile on my face.
Kitty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy